Please nominate Left Unity candidates for the DWP group elections
Left Unity is a socialist organisation within PCS that has provided the leadership of the DWP group for two decades and has been at the forefront of the union’s response to the Covid pandemic.
WE HAVE KEPT MEMBERS SAFE AND BUILT THE UNION
Throughout the past year the Left Unity led GEC have fought to protect and keep members safe from Covid-19 by pressing for staff to work from home and by insisting on strong risk assessments to keep our offices safe. DWP management have been the worst in the civil service at providing the kit for staff to work from home but by successfully campaigning the GEC led and won a consultative ballot in our Jobcentres and UC service centres with 78% of members voting for action.
Alongside that ballot and campaign the Left Unity GEC worked with branches in these difficult circumstances to help them remotely recruit thousands of new PCS members from the extra staff brought in by DWP to deal with extra work caused by the pandemic. Left Unity members in the elected leadership, branches, workplaces and offices have played a key role in recruiting new DWP staff into PCS, which has seen union membership in the group grow by 3,000.
Using the ballot result and working together with you the Left Unity led GEC has achieved –
- The suspension of the proposed 6.30 extended opening in Jobcentres
- Restricted Saturday opening and flexible changes to your working patterns
- Full empowerment of work coaches to limit face to face appointments
- Agreement from DWP to provide the KIT for all staff to work from home
- Recruited thousands of new members to build the union
The Tories will try to make workers’ pay for the cost of Covid-19. These Left Unity candidates promise to oppose Government attacks by campaigning hard and negotiating hard to defend our members, fighting for strike action where necessary. If re-elected we will continue listening to you and work with you for –
- No pay freeze and a 10% pay increase
- Extra staff to deal with the pressure of work
- A permanent job for all Agency and Fixed Term staff
- A new “normal” with real work life balance and home working
- No office closures
- A bold campaign to get all outsourced facilities workers back in house with full trade union rights
Interactive candidate list PDF -. click here
Printable candidate list PDF – click here
DWP LU Block Vote nominations – click here