On the 3rd of December , the government plan to deport up to 50 people to Jamaica.
Our campaigning, including a petition I started which has 18,0000 signatures and a letter by 92 black public figures including myself which has been signed by super model Naomi Campbell and actress Thandie Newton amongst others.
The UK government have agreed to take those who came to the UK under the age of 12 off but everyone else is still at risk.
Here are some things that you can do. They will only take a few minutes but will help to keep the pressure up to stop these deportations.
- Sign our petition to stop the deportations here
- Tweet @UKHomeOffice and call on them to cancel the flight. Use the hashtag #Jamaica50
- Follow @baracuk on Twitter. RT our tweets and share the news reports there – look out for a Twitter storm on Saturday 28 December
- Write to your MP calling on them to write to the Home Secretary urgently – you can use gal-dem’s email template found here (please send any responses you receive to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you or someone you know is impacted or at risk, urge them to get legal advice straight away – we can recommend lawyers if needed.
Here is an article I wrote for gal-dem magazine setting out our concerns and a series of actions you can do as well as a link to a blog piece with links to the petition and letter.
Sign the petition here:
#jamaica50 #stoptheplane #enddeportations