For PCS NEC
We live in unprecedented times. A cost-of-living crisis has left PCS members having to make the choice between heating and eating and relying on food banks. We are told we must accept a pay cut due to Tory greed.
Government departments have slashed budgets and squeezed members’ jobs, terms and conditions and rights in the workplace. Departments remain under pressure to continue these cuts by a government, whose actions are not based on economic need but on an ideological hatred for public servants and services and the unions who represent them. Nothing we have fought for, believe in or value is immune.
If re-elected I will continue to work to build our union so that we can successfully deliver tangible improvements to members’ working lives including:
- Continuing to build a successful campaign over pay, the attacks on pensions, including the pensions valuation process and the overpayment of our pension contributions and attacks on the civil service compensation scheme
- Campaigning for a properly resourced civil service and public services underpinned by tax justice
- Calling for a working environment where member health and safety is prioritised and protected, where equality and fair treatment flourishes and where there is genuinely zero tolerance of bullying and harassment
- Opposing office closures, privatisation, offshoring and centralisations.
- Demanding no forced redundancies or redeployments, no cuts to redundancy rights and an end to age discrimination for members approaching retirement.
- Ending discriminatory sickness absence policies which encourage presenteeism and exacerbate already stressful conditions members find at work.
- Arguing for permanent jobs not fixed term and zero hours contracts and an end to the two-tier workforce that exists in the civil service and commercial sector.
- Promoting solutions to climate change
In taking this forward, I’ll ensure hard earned subscriptions are managed wisely and profitably with services to members prioritised and protected, with advice tailored to members’ specific needs and circumstances. Teamwork is an essential part of strength, which is why I stand as part of the Democracy Alliance. This team has the knowledge and skills, essential for the challenging year ahead. We face the fight of our lives. Please support me and the Democracy Alliance; Vote for strong, progressive, experienced leadership that delivers PCS policies for our members.