I believe PCS members are and should be front and centre of all I do as a union rep, I have been a union rep in HMRC for 20 plus years holding positions at Branch, Regional and honoured to be AGS on the GEC for the past 6 years.
During that time I have:
• Been instrumental in stopping privatisation within B&C, forcing Jon Thomson HMRC CEO to concede that HMRC would not privatise front line Services in the future
• Brought 400 contract workers from Concentrix to HMRC under TUPE and further negotiate the enhancement of their T&Cs to match HMRCs
• Protected the ongoing recruitment of 200 AO grade staff in NI
• Worked with DTUS colleagues to challenge and influence ongoing HMRC projects to gain protection for our members.
• Represented members in challenging personal cases
As the current Customer Services Group lead for the implementation of Pay and contract reform In HMRC I have worked tirelessly to negotiate with the employer ensuring that concessions and securities have been put in place for our most vulnerable members.
This year more than any other, with inflation, fuel and other cost of living rises, it’s important that we have a strong union, a union that is prepared to challenge government and secure gains for all our members and it’s for that reason I am standing as a Democracy Alliance candidate.